What Can I Recycle?
The Peterborough Recycling Center accepts following items for Recycling:
- Cardboard (Please break down boxes before coming to the Recycling Center to help us maintain social distancing measures and prevent parking issues)
- Mixed paper
- Comingled (mixed) aluminum and steel/tin cans
- Household batteries and lightbulbs
- Electronics; computers, televisions, printers, etc.
- Construction and demolition debris
Please note that usual disposal fees apply for larger/specialty items.
All household trash must be contained in a tightly closed PAYT bag – no other bags or containers will be accepted for household trash disposal.
Please see the Recycling Center Brochure for more information about recyclables.
One person is allowed in office building at a time (masks required).
The mini-mall is open!
The public is encouraged to reach out to the Department of Public Works with any questions, comments, or concerns by calling or emailing Seth MacLean, DPW Director, at 924-8000 ex.102 or email@example.com.